The following videos have been developed for use in Talk About Local training sessions. Although there are loads of brilliant how-to videos out there which we often use, we thought there was still a need for very simple videos that people could refer to as they got started on their hyperlocal sites. They take you through the development of my model site, Mythical City. Hopefully they are easy to follow with a bit of hands-on help if people get stuck.
It would be great to get your feedback on any ways these videos can be improved as you use them and any requests for further tutorials.
The full series is here, with code to share further and we’ll add them to this site as well with more captions and commentary so people can still follow them if they don’t have sound.
1. Signing up for a WordPress account
2. How to create a website using WordPress
Having created your account, you’re all ready to start building your website! This video takes you through the initial creation and the excitement of choosing a theme. There are lots of other changes you can make as well, which Nicky covers in this article.
3. Getting to know the WordPress Dashboard
A look round the WordPress dashboard, where you can see statistics and manage your website.
- Three ways to use Facebook in your community - 4th September 2011
- Public and private spheres: building zones in Facebook - 1st July 2011
- Getting more attention – tagging and understanding notifications - 15th June 2011