Whilst things are gearing up for the talk about local Unconference this Saturday don’t forget the social event of the year that directly follows it. I am of course referring to the glittering talk about local Unawards ceremony this Saturday 17th April from 6pm onwards in Chilli White, Leeds.
This grand occasion will see the best hyperlocal talent in the UK getting recognition for their efforts in the shape of a round of a applause, a raising of glasses and a beautiful badge to adorn their website.
The talk about local team have carefully considered your suggestions for categories, and have whittled them down to the list below. If deserving winners for these titles spring to mind, please comment your suggestions with reasons why. This Friday a panel of esteemed judges (us lot) will hide away in a locked room, consider your comments along with our own personal preferences, and decide upon the winners arbitrarily. Who said democracy was dead?
All hyperlocal community websites in the UK are eligible for one of the following Unawards, so speak now or until next year hold our peace:
The cream of the hyperlocal crop:
- Overall winner
- Best Hyperlocal Twitter stream
- Best Hyperlocal Story/Post
- Most Inspirational site
- Best local special interest website
- Best campaign
- Best investigation/investigative reporting
- Best community engagement
- Best council coverage
- The UnTourist Board Award for a site that attracts visitors to a place
- Most innovative use of data
- Best use of video
- Best use of audio
- Best use of photography
- Best use of a map
- The Hyperlocal Extreme Award for thrilling, breathtaking or dangerous hyperlocal reporting
- LOL Award for making us laugh
With thanks to those that support us….
- Best support to hyperlocal bloggers
- UK Hyperlocal Favourite Tool
- Best public sector backing of hyperlocals
And those that don’t….
- Best attack by traditional media