Here are some links the Talk About Local team found interesting for Monday 23rd April:
- The BBC, Regional News and Sport, and Hyperlocal Blogs | Andy Mabbett, aka pigsonthewing – The BBC are keen to explore the potential for including items from hyperlocal sites in the “From other news sites” links within their online regional news posts.
- BBC College of Journalism Blog – Event: Connecting Communities Conference – Salford 2012 – ‘How can mainstream and community media co-exist and collaborate? The BBC College of Journalism is holding a major conference to explore the subject at the BBC’s new offices at MediaCityUK in Salford on 24 May.’
- Case Comment: R (Guardian News and Media Limited) v City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court – Open justice and access to court documents – Edward Craven « Inforrm’s Blog– A long and detailed blog post about the openness of courts, which reasserts common law values over Freedom Of Information and the Human Rights Act.
- Online-only news outlets ‘struggle to find funding’ – University of Oxford – ‘The first report to assess systematically how online-only news websites across Western Europe are faring has found that new start-ups are struggling to find business models that can cover their operating costs.’
- PR Newswire for bloggers – ‘tools to help your blog thrive’ -We suspect this could be a lot more useful with geo-tagging.