The Centre for Community Journalism at Cardiff Uni has published this excellent, downloadable and shareable guide to covering the general election today.
For those of us currently engaging with local candidates on our independent websites and blogs, this brings together some of the vast knowledge and experience from the network.
- Election engagement tools and ideas
- Media law advice on covering elections
- Political polling data dissemination
- Information on devolved and non-devolved matters in relation to Wales
- Details on candidates in Wales and how to contact them
- Tools for selling their articles and sites to their communities
And it also includes all the ideas which participants of Tal15, our unconference, generated on the day.
Commenting on the new guide, the centre’s manager Emma Meese said: “Community journalists play an important role in our democracy, holding power to account and connecting local communities to their elected officials. We hope that this guide will empower community journalists to cover the General Election with confidence.”